mHotspot crashes upon launching the application
First of all, uninstall mHotspot and re-install it in a new location. Even after it doesn’t work, follow the steps below.
There are two reasons for this.
1. Firewall service is disabled.
2. .NET framework is not available.
1) First, let’s fix the firewall issue.
i) Open run (windows key + R).
ii) Type “Services.msc” without quotes and hit enter.
iii) Scroll down to find “Windows Firewall” and right click it.
iv) Start the Windows Firewall service.
Now launch the mHotspot, it should work fine.
If you face the crash error again, proceed to step two.
2) It means .NET 3.5 framework is not enabled on your laptop. Every windows 7 laptop is pre-installed with it.
How to enable:
1.Open Control Panel
2.Click on ‘Programs’.
3. Click “Turn windows feature on or off “.
4. Select the checkboxes in “Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1” and press OK.
5. Close everything & run mHotspot now, it should work fine.
If you are using Windows 8, download and install the .NET 3.5 from here: FileHippo